If rubella igg and cmv igg is positive, What it means?

Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Question: if rubella igg and cmv igg is positive? What it means
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXX
Thanks for your query
Ig G indicates past infection with Rubella and CMV, and indicates that you have developed immunity to these infections.
Ig M indicates recent and active infection.
Your Ig M values are negative.
This means that you DO NOT NEED TO TAKE ANY MEDICATIONS for these reports.
Please do not worry at all.
YOu can start planning a family right away.
Take regular folic acid supplements.
ALso, the previous abortion cannot be caused by these reports.
There are other reasons such as - genetic causes, autoimmune causes, abnormalities in the uterus and cervix, hormonal imbalances, other infections etc.
Get the following tests done ideally before conception -
1. Chromosomal analysis of previous products of conception ( if not done , and also if done - then your and your husband's karyotype )
2. Blood glucose levels, TSH, complete blood count, blood grouping, HIV, HBsAg, HCV, VDRL - both husband and wife.
3. HSG to evaluate uterine cavity, alongwith pelvic transvaginal ultrasound
4. Tests such as APA, ACA, aPTT, XXXXXXX LAC, serum homocysteine - to rule out autoimmune causes.

If the reports are normal, please proceed ahead with the pregnancy.
There is no need to take medication for raised Ig G.

All the best
Feel free to discuss further.
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Thanks XXXXXXX

But Still i have doubt so Tomorrow,I will upload the latest report as well previous reports . Right now i dont have reports with me. Please guide me on the same.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 3 hours later
Hi again.
Yes please do so.
Will be happy to guide you.
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 15 hours later
Good Morning XXXXXXX

Thanks for your grat healp. Please find the reports. I have renamed the reports as per date.
Hi again XXXXXX
I have gone through your reports.
PLease be reassured again that -
Ig G HAS NO SIGNIFICANCE. YOU DO NOT REQUIRE ANY TREATMENT FOR THE REPORTS.
Please go through the following link in great detail.
I hope it clears your doubts .
Please write back to me in case you are satisfied and even if you have further doubts.

WWW.WWWW.WW
All the best, dear.
Do not subject yourself to unnecessary and expensive testing, treatment and of course, unnecessary stress.
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 7 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

I have one doubt. My doctor is used to give Torchnil Medicine. why?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 8 minutes later
I hope you have gone through the link.
There is nothing in your report for which you require any kind of treatment.
Only thing is to take folic acid tablets before pregnancy.
I wonder why your doctor is giving you the medicine, only he / she can answer that.

Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 8 minutes later
Doctor can you please go through below link-
WWW.WWWW.WW
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 5 minutes later
I have gone through the link.
At the most, I can say I disagree with the answer.
Past infection is indicated by these reports, and it MIGHT have caused previous abortion, however, there is absolutely no need for any treatment right now.
You can search up various links ( scientific journals and articles ) substantiating this statement.