If a patient has a stage 3 diabetic ulcer on
Ulcer may worsen but hemorrhage is unlikely
Hello, I'm Dr. Branch, thanks for using Ask a Doctor.
I have managed many diabetic foot ulcers and infections, but have never seen or heard of hemorrhage occurring because of them. However, if the patient continues to walk on that foot, the ulcer is not likely to heal and the infection may continue to worsen, increasing the risk that an amputation will be needed.
I hope that helps, please let me know if you had any other specific concerns about hemorrhaging or any other questions and I would be glad to discuss it further with you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I currently take cape aloe (aloe Ferox) everyday for constipation
- My husband just received a lab report. His SGOT is
- Chest x Ray was recorded as normal..for a work visa
- My son is 19 and is constantly cold . His
- I had constipation for the last week. It is gone
- Tip of penis stings when contacted by clothing, slight redness
- I have had two knee replacements - the first was
- hai I have a pain in my left arm since
- I have itchy scalp bumps. The doctors call it uticaria.
- what do when back is paining