Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Identified swelling in bilateral scrotal sac for new born child, advised sonography. Findings?

Feb 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 3176 Questions
Sir, My family doctor identified some swelling in bilateral scrotal sac for my new born child. He has observed this after 30-45 days of child birth. He had advised for a sonography. I had attached the same. Request your further advise on this if any medication is required or any further analysis to be done.
Thanks and regards,
Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
Drugs has no role. Take pediatric surgeon opinion.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

I went through the ultrasound of scrotum report of your baby and it shows the presence of fluid in the scrotal sac around the testes.

This condition is called congenital hydrocele. In this there will be accumulation of fluid in a space around the testicles.

Most of the fluid in sac usually gets absorbed into the body over time and the swelling will decreases especially before the age of 2 years.

Medications like drugs have no role in the treatment of this condition.

But you have to observe the swelling for the following:

1. Increase in the size of swelling of scrotal sac.

2. If the swelling is coming and going.

3. If the swelling causes any discomfort to baby like pain with crying.

4. If the swelling persists at the age of 2 years.

Therefore I advise you to take the opinion of a pediatric surgeon opinion, observe for any above changes in the scrotal swelling, and be in follow up with him.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor