Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Iam Hepatitis B positive and suspecting my wife is also

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 612 Questions
Iam Hepatitis B positive and suspecting my wife is also positive. What is the lab test name to be done to check/confirm.

I need to select a lab test name on for sample collection at home.
There are too many Hepatitis B test names to select from. Please see attachment and suggest.
Sun, 11 Feb 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Details below

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting the query

HBsAg (hepatitis B surface antigen) Anti-HBs or HBsAb (hepatitis B surface antibody) anti-HBc or HBcAb (hepatitis B core antibody)

These are the tests to detect Hepatitis B

Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor