Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

IS it possible to increase height by doing stretching exercise at 22 years of age?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3026 Questions
sir I am 22 height is 5.8 .I am really desperate to increase my height./.i started stretching exercises and skipping very recently./.do i have any possibility of growing taller.atleast an inch or two..?pls guide me
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in Weight
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: At this age not possible. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Thanks for writing to us. Unfortunately at this age , end of long bones have already been fused , so it's not possible to increase height. Height depends on many factors mainly genetic. Your height is already 5 feet 8 inches that is a quite good height. I suggest you not to get influenced by various advertisement claiming increase in height. As you will disturb your normal body's hormonal physiology taking those medications and won't achieve anything. Grow your carrier at this age. Hope I am able to solve your query , if you have any further query , you can ask me. Stay Healthy
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor