question-icon

IS it advisable to take NyQuil after taking cocaine?

Posted on Fri, 29 May 2015
Question: I partied and did some cocaine, but now I need to sleep ...can I take NyQuil?
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail (46 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
You cannot take cocaine right now

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.

1. Nyquil is a cold preparation and can cause drowsiness and stress on your heart when taken with cocaine. This can also be potentially harmful and cause rapid heart beat with increase in blood pressure.

2. It is also possible that you might have taken alcohol at the party which will add to the side effects. Therefore taking Nyquil and cocaine after a party is not recommended.

3. It is best to take Nyquil at least 3 to 4 hours after cocaine and alcohol and only if you have cold symptoms and in the prescribed dose.

4. Since you are high on cocaine, please avoid doing any high alert activities that might cause an accident.

5. Please relax and try to lie down and in your bed and sleep without taking any medication as you have done cocaine.

Hope this answers your question. Please feel free to correct any oversight in my interpretation of your problems and discuss them in detail as per your requirements.

Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.

Dr.Vivek
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiologist