question-icon

IS BLOATING , GAS AND SLIGHT MIND FOG A SYMPTOM

Posted on Wed, 20 Feb 2019
Question: IS BLOATING, GAS AND SLIGHT MIND FOG A SYMPTOM OF ELIQUIS?
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka (32 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome back to Ask a Doctor service!

I understand your concern and would explain that Eliquis can cause gastro-intestinal bleeding in 1% of the patients. This is related to its effects on blood thinning, especially in persons suffering from gastritis or gastric ulcer.

From the other hand, gastritis or indigestion can cause increased gas.

The slight mind fog could be related to low blood pressure or anemia. Have you checked your blood pressure values during the episodes of mind fogginess?

Coming to this point, I would recommend performing a complete blood count for anemia and a stool analysis in order to exclude the presence of blood in stool (gastro-intestinal bleeding).

In the meantime, I would recommend avoiding spicy food which can trigger GERD or bloating and gas.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask me again!

Kind regards,

Dr. Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist