Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

I year child having constipation. Is this a serious problem?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
my baby girl is 1 year old and she's been constipated for a good month now. she goes poop every day but its little marbles. she doesnt seem to be in pain at all and it doesnt really bother her. i asked my dr and she just said to give her fiber. i tried that. it hasnt been helping either? could this be her regular pooping or is it a problem?
Posted Sat, 20 Oct 2012 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 33 minutes later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
Your doctor has rightly advised, your child should have sufficient fibers in diet.
The diets XXXXXXX in fibers are whole cooked grain, whole wheat floor chapatis, fruits, salads, isapgulla. These should be accompanied by a liberal and frequent water intake.
Very tight stools are not good for anyone, because hard stools are painful and can cause local injuries.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor