I would like to know 10 I had a boil

Dr. Olgeta Xhufka

Posted on Sat, 30 Mar 2019 in General Health
Question: I would like to know 10 I had a boil and I had to go to the hospital and they said it was a staff infection, They gave me antibiotics and took me for surgery and they cleaned all infection out and it had to be cleaned and let it heal from inside out. I have not had any flare up since. Im 67 and getting ready to get married, will infect my partner through sexual relations?
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You will not be contagious for your partner.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.

The boil and staff infection are contagious if the boil is untreated, open and it's content gets in contact with healthy skin of other person.
As about your case since your boil was cleared up by doctor and you also had antibiotics and you have no more symptoms or flare-up you can be sure it is not contagious.
Staff infection and boil are not sexually transmitted but can get transmitted skin to skin if open boil.
You should not worry about it.

Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad