question-icon

I Woke Up This Morning With Some Swelling And Intense

Posted on Tue, 14 Jul 2020
Question: I woke up this morning with some swelling and intense itchiness on the left side of my body, palms, elbow area, hip area, side of face, sole of foot, mainly. I have had issues with pressure hives in the past but it's not been one sided. Is this likely a recurrence? I did mainly sleep on my back/left side.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (26 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
This is pressure urticaria, antihistaminic and calamine lotion

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to ask a doctor service
I have gone through your query and these are symptoms of pressure urticaria.
You had hives on left side of your body because you slept on left side and as a result of continuous pressure you developed hives.
I would recommend you to take antihistaminic like tablet cetrizine 10 mg twice daily for few days and apply calamine lotion on the affected area twice daily.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist