question-icon

I woke up this morning with a really bad stomach

Posted on Fri, 22 Mar 2019
Question: I woke up this morning with a really bad stomach ache, I have not had a BM since yesterday morning. The stomach has subsided and now I'm experiencing chest pain in the center of my chest as well as a sharp pain when I breathe
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Probably gastritis. Try Omeprazole first!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about your pain. I have reviewed the information fully.

This is suggestive of possible gastritis given the nature of the pain and its location and accompanying symptoms. I will recommend Omeprazole 20mg, available over the counter. You can take a maximum of two per day. I expect that you get relief within a few hours after taking this drug. If this fails to happen, please update me with any new symptoms and I will guide you.

I hope these guides and helps.
I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if as the need arises.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Chobufo Ditah