I went to a pub yesterday with friends to have

Dr. Sunil Jangid

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Tue, 26 Feb 2019 in HIV and AIDS
Question: I went to a pub yesterday with friends to have a drink. This pub has comfort women who will sit with you when you buy them a drink. The lady whom I got the drink gave me a casual kiss on the right cheek. There was no sexual contact at all not even a french kiss. We just had a dance together. Since the music was loud the lady had to speak close to my ears and at times when she spoke drops of saliva just came on to my ears. 1. Can I get hiv with this interaction 2. How about hsv-1 Is there anything to be worried about, can i continue my normal relations with my partner
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry about HIV as well as HSV.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Welcome to HCM.

You had just one kiss on cheek, no direct contact with any infectious fluid or no penetration so there is no risk of HIV or even HSV. Kissing, handjob, playing with genitals all these are no risk activities for HIV and human saliva does not transmit the HIV so just calm down, forget the episode and you can definitely continue the normal relations with your partner. For any further query feel free to ask me again and I am here to help you out always.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Sunil Jangid 10 hours later
Dear Sir Thank You for the response. May I further clarify. 1. I read over the internet that HSV spreads with skin to skin contact. Assuming the lady had HSV, could she have passed on with this casual skin contact. 2. With HIV, i have read contrasting points of view that saliva having blood could. pose issues. i have no open wounds or acne on my cheeks, i assume the intact skin would act as a barrier. If there is even a remote chance of any issue, I pray to you to let me know. Thank You for responding. You are doing a great service to people lile me. Regards Sanjay
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
There is no chance of HIV or HSV.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Welcome back and thanks for follow-up.

The exposure you had was not of such type that to spread HSV or HIV and blood mixed saliva can pose some risk when come in direct contact with cuts or wounds on the body which was also not there in your exposure so don't take so much of stress. Calm down, allay your fear and anxiety and live your life normally. If still any doubt is there ask me again any time.

Thank You
Follow up: Dr. Sunil Jangid 20 hours later
Dear Sir, thank you for giving me the time and detail responses. i will take your kind feedback and move ahead and reconnect with my partner and have normal relations as I have been keeping away. May God Bless you and family for doing such important work i will try and take these worry feelings out of my mind. Thank You Sir
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are most welcome.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Welcome to HCM once again.

I am very happy to hear that you are feeling relaxed now and you can definitely live your life normally with all these thinkings leaving behind because you are absoulte safe and risk free. I you need any help in future please don't hesitate to write to me and I am here to help you out always.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T