I was treated for a lingual hernia in which the
Please mention the duration of problem.
Hello and thanks for using "Ask a doctor "service on this forum,
Have seen your details,
Very likely its a case of infection.Our body is a closed system and any thing inserted inside it may act as a source of potential infection.Pain radiation to lower testis is again suggestive of fact that infection has spread to testis.
Firstly i would suggest you to get your urine examined.The test is called urine routine and microscopy done to look for any bacterial infection.
Secondly i would suggest you to take a combination of paracetamol(anti inflammatory) with ibuprofen(anti inflammatory analgesic) for 5 days along with an antibiotic.Though antibiotics are not over the counter so if you could manage get a prescription for Azithromycin 500mg once daily for 3 days.
It could also be suggestive of mesh rejection but depends on when surgery was done.
If not relieved then visit to a general surgeon for physical examination.
Hope i was helpful,
Follow ups are welcome.
Follow up answer.
Hello again my dear patient,
i have answered the query for inguinal hernia(groin) only which is repaired by using mesh.
In case you need any further clarification do feel free to follow up.
Please do rate the answer.
Don't worry follow what i said and you would feel much better.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic pancreatitis and recurring ribs pain
- What causes an itchy red rash around the anus?
- Suggest treatment for chronic vomiting when diagnosed with gastroenteritis
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the ribs
- Is Rabeprazole an effective medication for reflux esophagitis?
- What causes excessive burping and abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Suggest natural treatment for severe acid reflux
- What causes black stool?
- What causes intermittent pain after anal fistulotomy?