I was told that I need surgery from my dislocated
Surgery is needed in recurrent cases.
Thanks for posting your query.
In dislocated shoulder usually a surgery is needed if it is not properly reduced or if there is a recurrent dislocation causing a loose capsule. You can attach your MRI scan report for a better evaluation. In case the surgery is needed then it is best to get the surgery done and then plan for the fight in April. Usually it takes 6-8 weeks for proper healing after the surgery.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
THanks for that information.
There is a huge discrempency from what you are telling me and the 2 doctors we visited plus numerous online articles. They all say it takes one month in a sling and then 5-6 months to get back to MMA sports etc.
I also don't know what you mean by "not properly reduced". Please explain. thank you
Thanks for writing again.
It takes 6-8 weeks for proper healing and after that you will have to do regular exercise to build the muscle strength. It can take 6 months to start with strenuous sports like MMA.
Not properly reduced refers to improper alignment of the shoulder joint due to the tear. This will hinder with the normal shoulder movements and you will not be able to participate without the surgery.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?