Owl Image

I was resting in my recliner watching TV. Suddenly, while

Cardiologist
Question
I was resting in my recliner watching TV. Suddenly, while sitting I lost consciousness. My wife called 911 and did CPR. At the hospital I was put into ICU and intubated and placed on a ventilater for 5 days because I was in a coma. I woke up and my BP was within normal limits while on the vent. The physicians discharged me in 10 days. They did many tests and all were within normal limits except SODIUM AND LACTIC ACID. The MRI was not quite normal and showed fluid around the brain. When I was discharged the physicians told me they did not find anything wrong. I am 72-years old,of normal weight, eat properly and exercise. However, because my wife has hypertention and checkes her BP daily I have also done so this past year. My BP runs Systolic between 94 and 80 and diastolic between 64 and 54. I do not know what to do. I had no warning. My email address is YYYY@YYYY . My name is XXXXXXX Brown.
Fri, 9 Feb 2018 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello William!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

I passed carefully through your question and would explain that your symptoms could be related to different possible causes (a cardiac arrhythmia, orthostatic hypotension, epilepsy seizures, a vasovagal syncope, etc..)

As you were in the hospital, I suppose you have performed a lot of tests to exclude the above possible causes.

I would like to directly review your test reports for a more professional opinion, if you can upload them.

I remainat your disposal for any further questions!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri