I was pumping my penis and it created 2 water

Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh

Posted on Mon, 4 Feb 2019 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I was pumping my penis and it created 2 water blisters on the end, how should I treat and get these to heal more quickly, I am not diabetic nor do I have any infections.
I had surgery that 1 year ago that severed some of the blood vessels feed the groin area and I'm using the pump to gain a firmer erection until hopefully the vessels rebuild themselves.
Follow up: Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 0 minute later
I was pumping my penis and it created 2 water blisters on the end, how should I treat and get these to heal more quickly, I am not diabetic nor do I have any infections.
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Information

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome,

Most likely the blisters you described are due to friction. Neosporin is not needed for unbroken blisters - it is an antibiotic and can sometimes be irritating. However, since the blisters are intact, it shouldn't do much either way.

If the blisters are small and not too aggravating, you can just leave it be and the fluid will reabsorb and the blisters will heal. In the meantime, prevent further friction and trauma to the area as much as possible.

If the blisters are tense and quite painful, you can sanitize a needle (with alcohol) then rinse it, and very gently, carefully rupture the blister wall. Allow it to drain without applying pressure. Given the location, it would be difficult to put a dressing on it, but wear clean underwear to prevent infection.

You can apply Neosporin on the ruptured site, with a clean Q tip, or more soothing would be Zinc Oxide ointment, which is not antibacterial but promotes healing. If using the latter (which you can buy in a drug store), do not touch the cream but used a clean Q tip/cotton swab.

Unless told otherwise by your urologist, it's recommended to abstain from using the pump until the skin fully heals, and then, if possible, use a lubricant such as Astroglide.

Please let me know if I can provide further information.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
Information

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome,

Follow up: Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 15 hours later
Thank you, one blister has about cleared up however the other Is about the size of a dime and on the tip of the head. And has not broken.
I have some diaper rash ointment with zinc oxide 40% content that I will apply?? Is that ok?
AND you can bet I will NOT be using the pump!!!!
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, as long as it's clean.

Detailed Answer:

You can use the diaper rash ointment. If/when the blister breaks or you puncture it with a sanitized needle, make sure the diaper rash ointment is clean so that you don't contaminate the exposed skin with germs. Use a cotton swab.

I hope these both fully heal soon!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Brief Answer:
Yes, as long as it's clean.

Detailed Answer:

I hope these both fully heal soon!