I was presrcibed Lexapro 10mg for anxiety one a day.
It is best not to use Lexapro with alcohol
Hello again, I'm Dr. Branch, thanks for using Ask a Doctor. There have not been any reports of any dangerous side effects with using Lexapro and alcohol at the same time. However, alcohol can make many of the side effects of Lexapro worse, including insomnia, drowsiness, and dizziness, as well as slowing down your thoughts and body movements. For this reason, even though you are starting at a relatively low dose, I would not recommend using this medication with someone still drinking as much as you are. If you were only having an occasional drink, I think it would probably be fine, but at this point I would be afraid that the combination may affect you in unpredictable ways.
I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any other questions about that and I would be glad to discuss it with you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I currently take cape aloe (aloe Ferox) everyday for constipation
- My husband just received a lab report. His SGOT is
- Chest x Ray was recorded as normal..for a work visa
- My son is 19 and is constantly cold . His
- I had constipation for the last week. It is gone
- Tip of penis stings when contacted by clothing, slight redness
- I have had two knee replacements - the first was
- hai I have a pain in my left arm since
- I have itchy scalp bumps. The doctors call it uticaria.
- what do when back is paining