I was in a vehicle accident in 2015.Rearended,back and neck
I was driving yesterday,and without warning I lost my body functions.I hit my brakes to stop my vehicle,but my body fell up against the steering wheel,my hands and arm became limp and I had no control to steer my vehicle.My held tilted sideways on the steering wheel,and I could see alright,but at an angle.After about 5 seconds after I stopped I told my wife she qwuld have to drive.I got out of the truck and went around the back to the passengers side,holding onto the side of the truck because I felt very weak.The weakness lasted for about two more hours before slowly subsiding.I do have vertigo periodically,but this is nothing like vertigo.I have no dizziness or spinning,just shutdown.Excellent health before the accident with the exception of vertigo periodically,which
I pretty much had under control by an herbal water pill I was taking.I'm concerned tha the back injury is causing the new problem.I have had xrays,catscans,MRI,with no positive results pointing to this problem.
Cervical instability, TIA, anxiety to consider. Read below.
Hello and welcome to "Ask a Doctor " service.
I have read your query and here is my advice.
Conditions that may cause such symptoms after trauma include cervical spine instability.
This possibility is best assessed with dynamic x-rays of your cervical spine (upright position, neutral, flexed and extended head and neck position).
If this possibility was assessed correctly before, and found no instabilities, then, transient ischemic attack may be another possibility.
Cardiac work up and evaluation of arteries that supply the brain for stenosis is necessary in such scenario.
Yet another reason to consider,if all these conditions were excluded properly before, anxiety.
Discuss with your Doctor for these issues.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes tingling and pins and needle sensation on the left side of...
- What causes numbness in feet and ankles?
- What causes mouth spots and pit in forehead?
- What causes tingling feeling in shoulder?
- Suggest treatment for panic attacks, non functional rectum and memory loss
- What causes numbness in the right side of foot and leg?
- What causes burning sensation and tingling in hands and feet?
- What does my CT scan suggest?
- What causes shortness of breath in a patient with fibromyalgia?
- What causes severe muscle twitches at night in shoulders and arms?