I was given Lotrisone cream( Betamethasone dip 0.05%) and clotrimazole
Early skin thinning is reversible
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Betamethasone is a potent steroid. It can cause skin changes like telangiectasia etc due to thinning/ atrophy. This is specially common on the delicate and already thin genital skin. Skin atrophy changes like telangiectasia are reversible in early stages and should get back to normal with time.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need any more assistance.
Regarding skin thinning
The skin should recover if you have stopped using the steroid cream, moreover, since you used it for just 5-6 days. It may take a few weeks to recover. You may use a plain moisturizer, nothing else.
let me know if you need any more assistance
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body