I was diagonosed with severe bronchitis and likely bronchial pneumonia
Your bedtime depends on the fever and breathlessness
Hello and welcome in HCM
I am sorry for your situation and I can understand your concern.
The severity of your disease depends in some parameters that we see such as how spread is the pneumonia in your lung tissue.How are the blood tests of the infection,what are your blood saturation I mean your arterial oxygen.If you have done them you can attach me and after I can say exactly what's your actual condition.
However if you don't have fever breathlessness you can get out of bed after 3-5 days.Be careful and try to take the treatment as your doctor has prescribed.
I hope to have been helpful and I wish a fast recovery for you
The fact that you have been sent home is a sign that your saturation is in normal values and you don't need oxygen.In such case in my opinion if after 2-3 days if you will feel better you can get out of the bed absolutely.Usually we wait at least 48-72 hours for the treatment to give the desired good effect.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Are pulmonary function tests advisable for diagnosing COPD?
- Suggest natural remedies for insomnia
- Suggest treatment for COPD in an elderly person
- Suggest treatment for pain in the ribs
- What causes cold while on Dextromethorphan?
- What causes constant pain in the ribs after injury?
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection in the lungs
- Suggest treatment for dry cough and pain in the ribs
- What causes fever and crackling sound in the cough?
- What causes frequent urination along with zits on the chest and face?