I was diag. with low iron. Was given an RX

Question
I was diag. with low iron. Was given an RX for ferrous sulf325MG tab car take 1 tab a day. I developed scalp rash and now pimples all over the scalp preseeding down onto the forehead Am I being over medicated and this is a reaction of that.
Sat, 10 Feb 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it could be a hypersensitivity reaction

Detailed Answer:

iron may cause hypersensitivity reactions (allergy). There are many potential manifestations. Skin rash is a very common one. Clobetasol sounds like a more likely cause of hair loss than iron particularly if hair loss started after initiating clobetasol.

Perhaps you can try taking a different iron tablet and using an antihistamine instead of the corticosteroid solution. Remember to ask your doctor before changing your regimen.

I hope it helps!
Kind regards!