question-icon

I was constipated h took an enema but dropped the

Posted on Tue, 1 Jan 2019
Question: I was constipated h took an enema but dropped the bottle before finishing it so I started a second. A slight bowel movement received but I can feel blockage that's become very uncomfortable. Can I take Ducolax stool softener or should I go to ERm
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (50 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
See next

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.
If there is blood seen in stool, increasing anal pain or pain in abdomen then you should see doctor and have anoscopy. But if there are no such symptoms then dulcolax can be taken and discomfort may disappear when you get first real bowel movement. Dulcolax will help if opstipation is caused by hard stool, by if there is problem with bowel motility then some it may not be so helpful, and you should take magnesium and psilium supplements. Wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (42 minutes later)
Thank you doctor.
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (5 hours later)
Brief Answer:
You re welcome

Detailed Answer:
You re welcome
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon