question-icon

I was a heavy marijuana smoker for 8 years (everyday,

Posted on Sat, 23 Feb 2019
Question: I was a heavy marijuana smoker for 8 years (everyday, multiple times a day). I have been clean for a month. The last few days i have been experiencing intermittent stomach pain in my lower left abdomen throughout the day. Is this a withdrawal symptom? I went to the doctor and they did a CT scan of my abdomen and nothing came up. My bloodwork and urine workup all came back normal also.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
It is not known withdrawal symptoms at this stage

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns about intermittent stomach pain.

Although abdominal pain can occur during marijhuana withdrawal but it is not known to occur after two weeks of withdrawal. Most of the abdominal pain often occur during the first week and after completion of two weeks it is very rare.

In case it occurs, it last less than one week.

Considering the above facts I do not think there is any relationship between marijhuana withdrawal and intermittent abdominal pain rather than a coincidence.

I hope this answers you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist