I want second opinion about my chest x Ray .

Pulmonologist
Question
I want second opinion about my chest x Ray. I am having cough since last 4 weeks. My doctor said my chest x Ray is OK. The only other symptom other than cough is very small black particles in sputum. I am smoker with 5 pack year smoking history. I want second opinion from pulmonologist about findings on my x ray. Plz check the x ray and report and guide me is it OK or not.
Fri, 9 Feb 2018 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
nothing serious no worries

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome in HCM

I can understand your concern

I have evaluatedcarefully the chest x Ray. The findings in chest report means or are signs of acute bronchitis.

Smoking is another cause of that finding

Dirty phlegm with small particles is due to smoking or environment .

I don't think this is a serious situation don't worry so much.

For this you can take antibiotics like Azithromycin and mucolitics. Try do stop smoking too and you will feel better

I hope to have been helpful for you

Regards and feel free to ask me again

Dr.Jolanda

Follow-up: I want second opinion about my chest x Ray . 13 hours later
Hello Doctor,
Thanks for your response..
My doctor told that chest x ray is normal but as per you it is not normal, right? So my cough is caused by this only? . I often have cough at regular intervals (after every 2-3 months). It is only a mild cough. I also have post nasal drip, and doctor said my cough is because of post nasal drip and there is nothing wrong with chest x ray. But as per you it is bronchitis.. Plz guide

Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
continue discussion

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

Yes post nasal drip syndrome is the cause of your cough.

I don't think too there is a problem with your chest x Ray .Its just a simple bronchitis that with the quitting of smoking will pass for sure.

Dr.Jolanda

Follow-up: I want second opinion about my chest x Ray . 5 hours later
Hello Doctor,
Thanks for your response
I just now discussed with doctor about bronchitis. He said that there are muscular markings because x ray was taken in deep breath in state and lungs does expand in that state. He said bronchitis is not there. I think I am feeling a little scared that's why my mind is playing with me. Doctor, plz tell me if bronchitis is there is it something dangerous. My doctor is not pulmonologist, he is a general physian. So I will trust you more about my diagnose as you are the expert in this specific field. I know what I am talking might not make any sense.. Sorry for that. itwill be my last question,

Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
continue discussion

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

No problem you can ask whenever.

Bronchitis is just an infection of the airways which needs only antibiotic and stop smoking.

Don't worry so much about this.This is not a serious situation trust me.

Hope to have been helpful

Dr.Jolanda

Follow-up: I want second opinion about my chest x Ray . 23 minutes later
Thank you very much.. It was of great help..

Brief Answer:
continue discussion

Detailed Answer:
Hi

You are welcome anytime