I wake up at night always within two hours of

Dr. Prasad

Posted on Thu, 4 Apr 2019 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I wake up at night always within two hours of going to sleep bringing up much saliva and remnants of my last meal. I do not eat within 2 to 3 hours of going to sleep, elevate the bed and put extra pillows under my head. This happens to do three nights per week. I take Nexium regularly with thanks. XXXXXXX Rosenfeld DDS
Answered by Dr. Prasad 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Add prokinetic agent...

Detailed Answer:

The symptoms suggest gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). I can see you are trying many means to prevent reflux. I would add a prokinetic agent like domperidone or levosulpride along with nexium. The combination of the two is more effective in treating / preventing GERD.

In addition, it would also be worthwhile to consider an endoscopy if it hasn't been done in the past.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad