I underwent a right temporal lobectomy at age 29 after
Encephalomalacia can be related to injuries or previous surgical procedure.
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor services.
I have read your query and here is my advise.
* Encephalomalacia is softening of part of the brain due to various reasons involving
white or grey matter of the brain giving rise to different symptoms ; which can date
back to injuries or previous surgical insult involving the part of the brain.
In order to proceed further with your query , kindly provide me further details.
1. Onset of current symptoms - duration, progress over time.
2. Obvious known injury to the head in recent past or within 4-6 months before onset
of the problem ?
3. If available and possible, MRI plates will help great.
Awaiting for your response.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain and pressure in the rectum?
- What causes constant urge to urinate?
- Suggest treatment for IBS
- Suggest treatment for fever, headaches and shortness of breath
- Suggest treatment for left sided abdominal pain
- What causes burning sensation in the penis?
- What causes burning sensation in the throat?
- What causes urinary hesitancy in public toilets?
- What causes numbness in both hands?
- Suggest treatment for loose stools