I took more than XXXXXXX dose of viagra and cialis

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Posted on Mon, 4 Feb 2019 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I took more than XXXXXXX dose of viagra and cialis together. I've had blurry vision for 3 weeks. It's not getting better. I have still taken the meds as prescribed within the last 3 weeks.

Will this resolve if I stop altogether. Eye exams were 20/20 so it is nothing wrong with my eyes. I fear it may be nerve damage or something else.

I really need my ED meds as I had abotched vasectomy 3 years ago and have had trouble. But obviously I will give up if this is the problem.

Help!
Follow up: Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 0 minute later
I took more than XXXXXXX dose of viagra and cialis together. I've had blurry vision for 3 weeks. It's not getting better. I have still taken the meds as prescribed within the last 3 weeks.

Help!
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 30 hours later
Brief Answer:
Due to the overdose

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but it is not recommended to combine viagra with Cialis as the added benefit is very minimal while the side effects are augmented.. Unfortunately overdose can affect the way your retina functions on transient basis but I would recommend that you get a fundal eye examination to exclude any retinal pathology. I hope you find this helpful
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
Due to the overdose

Detailed Answer:
Follow up: Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 38 hours later
I had two standard exams by optometerists and they said eyes were healthy 20/20 vision. I'm meeting with an opthamologist.

Could this be permanent? It has been a month. I havent taken any Cialis in 5 days.

Is it blood flow to my eye or nerve damage?

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 25 hours later
Brief Answer:
Regarding the blood supply of our eyes

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir, Hello again...
Sorry for the delay in my answer...

These medications in a high dose affect the blood supply to our retina but it is very unlikely that the effect is permanent...

However, to be sure, I'd recommend that you should get a fundal examination soon.

I hope you find this helpful

Kind regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Brief Answer:
Regarding the blood supply of our eyes

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir, Hello again...
Sorry for the delay in my answer...

I hope you find this helpful

Kind regards

Follow up: Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 27 hours later
I have scheduled an appointment with a retina specialist but I have to wait 2 weeks. I think I might go to the ER as this is freaking me out. It seems to be getting worse!

My eyes hurt, they are bloodshot. Things are getting blurrier in my left eye.

Is there a chance my optic nerve is just inflamed and this will go away?

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
No, it's unlikely

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, hello again...
Sorry for the delay in my answer...

Since your condition is worsening then please visit the ER as soon as possible...

However, it is very unlikely to be due to optic nerve as it is just a rare possibility...

I hope you find this helpful

Brief Answer:
No, it's unlikely

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, hello again...
Sorry for the delay in my answer...

I hope you find this helpful