I took a home saliva test and found out that

Dr. Ramadevi Wani

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 19 Dec 2018 in Women's Health
Question: I took a home saliva test and found out that I have too much progesterone relative to estrogen (see attached report). I took the test 5 days after ovulation, and the test says that my levels are slightly below the normal range. What should I do, if anything?
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Get a day 21 serum Progesterone done in your next cycle.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Ask A Doctor service.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns today.

The Progesterone levels reach the peak on Day 21 or 22 in a regular menstrual cycle of 28 days. You should have repeated the test after 2 days then.

The blood tests for hormones are more standardized. So in your next cycle please do a Day 21/22 serum Progesterone test. If this test shows low Progesterone then you would need to consult your doctor and take Progesterone in the second half of your cycle.

If you have further queries, I will be happy to answer.

Best wishes,
Dr Rama

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy