I took a .25 mg of Xanax at 9:00 pm
Hello, I'm Dr. Branch, thanks for using Ask a Doctor.
There is nothing to be concerned about in the timing that you took these medications. The Xanax that you took was a small dose which has a peak effect in the first couple of hours, and most if not all of it would be out of your system by 18 hours. The percocet has a duration of action of 3-6 hours, so its effect will have finished as well. You should now have no concerns about your breathing from how you took these medications.
It is good to be careful, but even if you took both of these medications just before going to sleep, it would be extremely rare to have any problems. Overdoses of these medications usually occur when much higher doses are used, or mixed with other drugs such as alcohol.
I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any questions about that and I would be happy to discuss it with you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I currently take cape aloe (aloe Ferox) everyday for constipation
- My husband just received a lab report. His SGOT is
- Chest x Ray was recorded as normal..for a work visa
- My son is 19 and is constantly cold . His
- I had constipation for the last week. It is gone
- Tip of penis stings when contacted by clothing, slight redness
- I have had two knee replacements - the first was
- hai I have a pain in my left arm since
- I have itchy scalp bumps. The doctors call it uticaria.
- what do when back is paining