I take 100mg of Atenelol and it does not bring
I would recommend as follows:
Welcome to Ask a Doctor service!
I passed carefully through your question and would explain that Atenolol maximal daily dose is 100mg daily.
From the other hand, atenolol's main action is not on blood pressure values, but on the heart rate.
For this reason, I would recommend switching to Tenoretic (which is a combination of atenolol and chlorthalidone).
Another option would be switching from Atenolol to Carvedilol, which is a betablocker with good vasodilatatory properties, which can help lower blood pressure values besides heart rate.
You should discuss with your doctor on the above treatment options.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
I remain at your disposal for any further questions whenever you need!
Wishing all the best,
Dr. Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?