question-icon

I sustained a closed vertical fracture in my sacrum and

Posted on Mon, 1 Apr 2019
Question: I sustained a closed vertical fracture in my sacrum and a closed XXXXXXX in my left pelvis (confirmed by CT scan) in September 2018 due to a bucking horse. For weeks, my abdomen and lower back were both extremely swollen, due to inflammation. After 6 months, the swelling has gone except my abdomen will often bloat. I have neither constipation or diarrhea. Will this eventually go away? Thanks! XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Probably the symptoms are related to bloating, follow the advice below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

I understand your concern.

Your symptoms seem to be related to bloating.

I recommend using simethicone medication three tablets a day to relieve the bloating.

I also recommend to use a stool softener to avoid constipation.

I recommend to eat a fiber rich diet and take fiber supplements.

The symptoms will go away gradually, you should not be worried.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi