I suddenly have experienced numbness ad tingling in my right
You will need to have a check to rule out brain conditions (stroke, TIA, bleeding, tumor)- details below
Numbness can be a sign of a nerve pinch or a lesion in the brain. Anxiety might cause numbness in hands and lips as well but not quite one sided as it is in your case. In the case of a nerve pinch generally numbness affects the extremities but is uncommon in the head (face).
In your case because you are having numbness in the arm, hand and face (even though little in the face it is important it is there) it is best to go and see a doctor and rule out brain problems. The fact that it started suddenly also prompts good check and examination.
The doctor will ask some more information from you related to the symptoms and also past medical history and medications you use, if you had any head trauma, etc, and will do a thorough medical examination and probably will ask for a CT scan. This will help rule out stroke, TIA (transitory ischemic attacks that are a predictor of stroke), bleeding and also possible brain lesions (tumors).
I hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- is it hpv?
- I am 77 years old and one breast is very
- I felt a sudden sharp pain in my inside wrist
- Is there a sleeping aid that I can use with
- Hi, I have been having acne problems for the past
- Can you look at the results of a stool test
- Hi my names is Isabel I’m 24 years old and
- I have had bladder infection after bladder infection on going
- Where can I find a doctor who will test and
- Feeling weak for about a week ! Why ?