I stoped metropolo 25X L 2 weeks ago. I split
Please refer to the detailed answer below
After going through the medical details provided by you I can understand your concern for your health and before giving any opinion I would like to ask you few things
1. Since how long you are taking the anti hypertensive medication (met xl)
2. Since how long you are diagnosed with diabetes
3. Do you smoke
4. Any previous history of heart disease
5. What your average blood pressure before starting the medicine and what’s the average bp after stopping it
Kindly revert back with required information
Dr Bhanu Partap
7 YEARS FOR THE METROPOLOL.
1 MONTH FOF ELIQUIS
OFF CIGERETTES FOR 20 YEARS,
EVERYTHING I TAKE IS FOR THE (JUST IN CASE} I HAVE AN ATTACK OF AFIB 3-4 TIMES A YEAR. MY BOUTS LAST BETWEEN 2-3 HOURS
Thanks for the details...
Taking into consideration all the previous and current medical history it’s not advisable that you should stop your medications completely because chances of having a sudden relapse of high blood pressure are high which can lead to a situation of medical emergency.
I would suggest you discuss this with your primary physician and even after that if you want to discontinue the medication then you need to monitor your blood pressure daily along with strict healthy lifestyle habits.
Hope this information will guide you properly. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr Bhanu Partap
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is blood pressure of 131/69 a cause for concern?
- Suggest remedies for pain in the left side of the chest
- What does this lipid profile test report indicate?
- What does a calcium level of 135 indicate?
- What causes fluctuations in BP readings?
- What does this ECG report indicate?
- What causes left-sided pain in the chest?
- What causes profuse sweating post a valve replacement heart surgery?
- Suggest treatment for pain in the testicle
- Is Sotalol intake 12 hours after missing a dose advisable?