I started with a small circular rash on the top

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 22 Jan 2019 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I started with a small circular rash on the top of leg under by butt. The rash spread to my side and was not itching. It is now on my breast , backs of both legs, my side , butt and itches. The area on my side is very red where the other areas are pink. I was sick on 12/23 and given Prednisone for 5 days. I didn't think to tell urgent car on the 12/23 about the rash because it had just started and was in a small area. It has gotten worse each day.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Eczematous rash or pityriasis rosea, topical steroid & antihistaminic

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to ask a doctor service
I have gone through your complaints and reviewed the attached photographs.
It seems to be either an eczematous rash or pityriasis rosea which is an allergic reaction.
I would recommend you to apply topical steroid like cortisone cream on the affected areas twice daily and take antihistaminic like tablet cetrizine 10 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching and irritation.
I hope to have answered your query and would be happy to answer any further queries.
Dr Asmeet

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad