I started a persistent cough starting last night. When I

Dr. Prasad

Posted on Sun, 13 Jan 2019 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: I started a persistent cough starting last night. When I cough stuff there was blood in it. My cough has basically gone away but if I cough something it is still red. Every joint in my body truly hurts all the time starting a couple of weeks ago ad I am getting very tire when I do anything and it is hard to get a big deep breathe
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need to see a doctor....

Detailed Answer:

I went through your details with diligence. What you describe is persistent cough with blood stained sputum. You also complain of some amount of difficulty to breathe, though not in distress.
Are you running fever?
Do you have chest pain or sweating?
Do you have any known medical condition?
Are you on regular pills?

These are not symptoms of common infection that I would wait it out. I think you should see a doctor at the earliest. A detailed respiratory examination and if necessary a chest X-ray is in order. Treatment will be planned accordingly.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad