question-icon

I slept with my iPhone under my butt. But it

Posted on Fri, 5 Apr 2019
Question: I slept with my iPhone under my butt. But it was covered by my underwear, Panama pants and thick robe. Should I worry? Orr did the robe fight most of the radiation?
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee (35 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Not to worry, please see the detailed answer below...

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome to 'Ask A Doctor' service...
I've gone through your query in details...

Firstly, I'd like to inform you that XXXXXXX phone induced radiation levels are still under research and there's still no effective data showing it's harmful effects in the body due to radiation...

However, there's always some sort of energy radiation which is generally seen when the XXXXXXX battery charge levels at the least (below 20-25%)...No, the robe can't prevent any radiation...

Even though, it's direct harmful effect is yet to be established, it's always advisable not to keep the phone nearby while sleeping...Considering this is a one-time incident, I'd suggest you not to worry...

Let me know if I can assist you further...

Wish you good health...

Take Care
Kind Regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Arnab Banerjee

Critical Care Specialist