I recently submitted a urine drug screen. The screen was
That test was positive for marijuana.
I did not smoke or ingest any matijuana.
I did, however, use a THC lotion on an open wound that would not heal. I used it for approximately 1.5 months, 3-4 times per day. The wound gradually healed.
From the time the wound healed and this drug test, approximately 2.5-3 weeks had passed.
I realize, rather have read, topicals do not cause positive results.
In my case, this was on a wound that would not heal, and had festered, bled, and was extremely painful.
topical does not usually have an effect
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Typically, as you mentioned, the topical agents do not cause false positive results though reactions can individual.
Medications that can cause false positive reactions include: NSAIDs such as ibuprofen , naproxen. In some persons , antibiotics belonging the flouroquinolone family or some antivirals specially for some conditions, stimulants such as dronabinol
If you have used any of the above, may be a possible cause that should be eliminated.
I hope this helps , feel free to ask any other questions
false positives are not common with this method
Mass spectrometry-Gas chromography is usually accurate, though mistakes or false positives can occur,it is not as likely as with the screening tests.
False positives are not common with this method but if you have used any of the meds, then you can still mention it to the person conducting the test
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can Hydroxyzine be taken for urinary tract and bladder infections?
- What causes black colored stool?
- What causes dizziness in an elderly person post suffering a concussion?
- What does severe atrophy in a MRI report indicate?
- What causes electric shock like sensation in the arms radiating to the...
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes and fever in a child
- What does resting heart beat of 52 indicate?
- What causes diarrhea and upper right abdominal pain?
- Is Oxycodone 10/325 different from Oxycodone 114?
- Can Antabuse cause dizziness?