I recently had a cold (very sore throat ) runny,
Please get fasting Blood sugar, TSH, T4, CBC, CMP tests
The first thing that comes to mind is that you may be having hyperglycemia, which causes insatiable thirst, dehydration, weight loss, and a variety of other problems including weakness/fatigue.
So, it is time for you to go in to be seen in person and get your blood sugar tested. An "A1C" may not provide good information because it looks at blood sugar over 2-3 months, and so it may not give a good picture of what is going on now. I recommend a fasting blood sugar level.
Zinc excess would not be the first thing to consider. Usually, that causes upset stomach/stomach pain, diarrhea, funny taste in the mouth.
I do think you should have, in addition to a blood sugar test, a complete blood count, to see if there is some sort of persistence of infection, and a comprehensive metabolic panel (chemistry panel) to see if there is an abnormality in electrolytes. Also a thyroid panel, as abnormalities of the thyroid can come on after a virus (viral thyroiditis) and cause weight loss and fatigue.
Please let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic hip/pelvic pain
- What causes coughing, sneezing, headaches and watery eyes?
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drainage and runny nose
- What causes foul body odor and overactive bladder while taking Trospium?
- What causes pain near the navel area?
- What causes joints pain with welts and teeth problems?
- Suggest remedy for drainage at back of throat and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatment for pain under the clavicle
- Suggest medication for ADHD
- Suggest medication for bloating in a person with history of colitis