I recently got a blood test back. It showed high
The ALT result concerns me. The lab showed greater than 46 is high. I’ve seen some sites show that above 56 is high.
Is an ALT level of 51 concerning?
I am mildly overweight, have an ok, but not great diet. Occasional drinkers
About elevated liver enzymes;
Hello and thank you for asking!
I have gone carefully through your concern.
The ALT level is over normal ranges but it usually is of concern when it is over twice the normal ranges.
Anyway, it may be increased due to alcohol consumption one night before, due to hepatosteatosis, viral hepatitis, medications ect.
So, i would recommend to check it once again and if it persists high, the above mentioned causes should be ruled out.
Hope the information will help.
There are very very low chances;
I would say is the last probable diagnosis.
I mentioned above it is very low to be concerned, but if it persists the above mentioned causes need to be excluded. Liver cancer has very low chances to be.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes blurred vision, digestive issues and dizziness when...
- What causes weight gain and heat intolerance while on Synthroid,...
- Suggest treatment for weight gain when diagnosed with adrenal fatigue
- What causes hyperthyroidism?
- What are the side effects of long term intake of Aspirin?
- What do anxiety and palpitations and TSH level of 3.0 indicate?
- Suggest the ideal dosage for vitamin D supplement
- What causes increased weight gain with abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and dizziness in a hypertensive person
- What are the possible effects of switching from Humalog to Novolog?