Ask a Urologist   »  

I noticed this fleshy protrusion on the right side of

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I noticed this fleshy protrusion on the right side of my scrotum today. I feels sort of very fleshy, like part of my skin, not like a hard mass.

If my scrotum is hanging down the thing looks bigger in size. When I hold my balls up, it looks smaller and you can see it is a bit of a different color from the surrounding scrotum. It feels definitely like it is something on my scrotum and not the testicle itself.
Fri, 9 Feb 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could be Staphylococcal infection of hair Follicle (Boil)

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query ,
Based on the facts and photographs that you have posted sudden appearance of a swelling on Scrotal wall is most likely to be due to Staphylococcal infection of hair follicle (Boil)

Take antibiotic like Doxicycline and anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily for a week .

If problem persists you will need to consult qualified General Surgeon for clinical examination in person to establish diagnosis .

Further treatment will be decided by him based on clinical findings and diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: I noticed this fleshy protrusion on the right side of 9 minutes later
Are there any other possibilities it could be? I just ask because it doesn't feel like an infected hair follicle, and I have had it for at 2 weeks (is when I noticed it, could have been around longer).

Thanks. I'm a bit worried about testicular cancer, although it does not run in my family.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is no possibility of Testicula Cancer at all .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .
The swelling being since 2-3 weeks or even longer in duration it could be a Sebaceous Cyst which commonly develops on Scrotal wall. However the diagnosis can be confirmed only on clinical examination in person .

It is definitely not a testicular cancer at all

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: I noticed this fleshy protrusion on the right side of 1 minute later
Thank you for the XXXXXXX of relief. I'll have it checked out on Monday. Thanks again.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consult General Surgeon as scheduled

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .
Consult General surgeon for clinical assessment and do write if you need any help from me .

Thanks and Regards
Dr.Patil.