I need your advice to get my lipid profile on

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 26 Feb 2019 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I need your advice to get my lipid profile on track. I faced a little chest pain after eating food for a few days, still facing that sometimes. Lack of Vitamin D4 and some issues in Liver functioning as the report states. I wanted to visit a doctor this weekend, but not sure where i can get the right advice. I am sure you can guide me better in this.
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

After going through the medical details provided by you I can understand your concern for your health and I would like to tell you you that your lipid profile is just slightly deranged and there is nothing to get panicked about.

This sort of derangement is quite common in young adults due to our neglected lifestyle habits.

As you have already started taking care of that so rest assured it will be under control. All you need to do is just to keep following healthy lifestyle routine which includes

1. Daily brisk morning walks for atleast 30 mins a day.
2. No junk food.
3. Healthy diet high in protein and fibre and low in carbs.
4. NO SMOKING
5. Plenty of water intake
6. Adequate sleep daily

Now about your vit d levels, yes they are low and need to be taken care of. It’s advisable that for this you should personally consult your doctor as you have to start with vitd supplements (preferably via injection initially).

I hope this information will guide you properly.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D