I need to know why my smashed toe is not
You should do an x-ray of the toe, the toe needs 4 to 6 weeks for healing.
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I understand your concern.
I see that you have already treated correctly the broken toe.
I recommend doing an x-ray to evaluate the condition of the toe.
I would also recommend you to use an antibiotic cream for local application such as Bivacin.
I would suggest using anti-inflammatory medication such as Acetaminophen 400 mg three times a day.
The symptoms need four to six weeks for healing.
So, you should be patient and wait that your toe heals completely.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?