I need some advice about nosebleeds . I have been
Avoid picking on this!
Hi and thanks so much for this query.
I have reviewed your information fully. This is consistent and explained by the cold you had. Avoid picking on it and this will resolve fully without any further intervention. You need no additional blood work as well. You may additionally try taking some steam inhalation for a few days.
In all, no need to be scared. This needs no additional medical intervention. It poses no further danger.
I wish you well.
Feel free to follow up with me if needed.
How long should this take to clear up though? This is week 2 now. I have been using the Naseptin for a few days - I was nosebleed free for four days, until I had one yesterday. Is this normal? It really freaked me out as I was hoping the cream would have sorted it by now, although I have to use it for 10 days and haven't finished it yet...
How often is too often for nosebleeds? Should I be concerned at this stage? Is there anything else I can use to help it, and what should I avoid?
Main goal is to avoid putting your finger or ny objects in there!
The bleed is from fragile vessels caused by the severe cold you had. This will heal and it might take a few weeks. However, you should not continue having bleeds unless you blow the nose hard or insert your fingers or another object into it. Also, avoid constantly trying to look in there as this only disrupts healing.
The frequency of nose bleeds is not the problem but the quantity. As long as the quantity is minimal and stops spontaneously, there is no reason to panic. Continue NAseptin but remember its work is to prevent infections and not to stop bleeding. Bleeding would resolve with healing.
I hope this clarifies your worries and guides. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.
When applying the Naseptin, should I be aiming for where the scab is, or just putting it at the edge of my nostril - I may have disturbed it yesterday when applying the cream - I'm not sure how far up to go with it...
Instill it simply and don't aim for the scab!
Hi and thanks for following up.
You need not to aim for the scab. Instill only and it will flow to other areas.
Aiming for the scab is not any better and may rather expose to trauma with consequent bleeding.
I hope this helps.
I wish you well.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Feel constipated. Noticed white thread like strings in stools. Have...
- Having trouble focusing, completing tasks, and remembering things. Tried...
- Had attached fitness score report. What are the findings?
- Have raised platelet. Prescribed thyroxine for under active thyroid....
- Hba1c-5.2, Fasting blood sugar test-70 and Mean Glucose EBT-103....
- Foreskin is attached to penis through strip of skin, pain when move...
- Getting throbbing pain in arm moving down to elbow and wrist. Had no...
- Have swollen gums. Had endonitis work on root canal. Is this due to...
- Have swollen lymph in jaw. Prescribed zithromax. Is that enough?
- On trivolib, jauvia and Diamicronmr. Fasting sugar 180 to 230. How to...