Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
124 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

I may have first attack of gallstone - upper right

Answered by
Dr. Ramesh Kumar


Practicing since :1986

Answered : 2349 Questions

Posted on Fri, 8 Mar 2019 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: I may have first attack of gallstone - upper right side abdominal pain after heavy meal - did not sleep whole night - pain is heavy - which specialty will I need to see?
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for asking query on this forum,
Gall bladder is an abdominal organ and you need to see a gastroenterologist for the same.
In case Gastroenterologist is not available a general surgeon would also be ok.
Firstly they would do a Ultrasound of upper abdomen to see if there are stones or any other pathology.
In case of stone planned removal of stones would be done by laproscopic cholecystectomy.
Hope i was helpful,
Feel free to follow up.
Please do rate the answer!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on