I lost my balance putting something up high in my

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 4 Jan 2019 in Accident and Emergency
Question: I lost my balance putting something up high in my closet 24 hrs ago. Hit back of head on door frame. I didn't lose consciousness. Woke up with very sore area on head, but no bump. Haven't had nausea, dizziness, etc. Only symptom is very sore area and mild headache that hasn't worsened. Do I need to be worried?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
A minor head injury only.

Detailed Answer:
From your description it seems that you have suffered a minor head injury. If you can consult a physician easily then it is best to get yourself examined for any neurological deficits. You can also self monitor yourself for any deterioration in the symptoms like unconsciousness, severe headache, blurred vision, bleeding from eyes, nose or ears, vomiting, etc in which case you need to rush to ER immediately.
Meanwhile you can do a hot compress in the area of injury and take a mild pain killer like acetaminophen or ibuprofen for relief.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.