I live 3 months in Vietnam or Thailand and 1
I hope you can help me.
Hello and Welcome to 'Ask A Doctor' service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
The symptoms you are describing are mostly suggestive of travellers diarrhoea.When you visit a place different from your native region the climate or sanitary conditions etc are different so you have an increased risk of developing infection due to a bacteria called E.coli which causes traveler's diarrhea.The most common species involved is enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli bacteria.
Stool analysis and culture are required to confirm the diagnosis.
Tab Rifaximin 550 mg once daily 9 a.m
Cap Pantoprazole 40 mg once daily in morning empty stomach 6 a.m
Tab Buscopan 10 mg twice daily 9 a.m-9 p.m
Cap econorm thrice daily(probiotic)
5 days course of medication to be taken for complete eradication of bacteria and intestinal inflammation.
Hope I was helpful,
Follow up are welcome.
How long did you take Norfloxacin?
waiting for answer.
Basically Norfloxacin is an antibiotic which covers gram negative bacteria's like E.coli.
Therefore every time when you have this problem you take it along with imodium and was relieved.However a full course of therapy should be taken once to erradicate the bacteria completely.
Yes take medicines I suggested and follow up after 5days.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic pancreatitis and recurring ribs pain
- What causes an itchy red rash around the anus?
- Suggest treatment for chronic vomiting when diagnosed with gastroenteritis
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the ribs
- Is Rabeprazole an effective medication for reflux esophagitis?
- What causes excessive burping and abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Suggest natural treatment for severe acid reflux
- What causes black stool?
- What causes intermittent pain after anal fistulotomy?