I keep waking up with indents on my for head

Question
I keep waking up with indents on my for head skin , mostly small circles
Mon, 5 Feb 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be fungal or allergic rash

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, with such acute and abrupt presentation with such short history possibility of allergic reactions or contact dermatitis is more likely though fungal infections like tinea capitis or ring worm should also be ruled out.

A dermatologist review must be needed as whether to start antifungals or steroids as steroids help with allergic reactions but on the contrary worsen the fungal infections. Simmilarly antifungals will have no affect on allergic rashes.

With such short history possibility of Chronic skin condition like psoriasis etc gets ruled out. However diagnosis will depend upon detailed and mandatory examination by a dermatologist.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards