I just wanted to get checked my reports. I casually

Critical Care Specialist
Question
I just wanted to get checked my reports. I casually got done my medical checkup and wanted to check if everything is alright or not. Actually I have started looking very fat than usual. And I tried walking and keeping control of my diet but was unable to lose weight. Then Last month my periods got skipped. Then after 15-18days of waiting I took medicine for 3 days and got my periods, heavy flow but for 2 days. So want to know what all issues I have and wat all I need to do.
Sat, 10 Feb 2018 in Internal Doctor Category

Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
kindly attach the reports at first..

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX Welcome to HealthcareMagic,

I can understand your concerns,

First of all, please attach the reports to the section of this web-page and let me have a look at them so that I can assist you further...

Also, please mention your present body-weight, height, occupation and dietary habits in details...

Any other medical history which you may feel relevant in this regard will be helpful also...

Awaiting...

Take Care
Kind Regards

Follow-up: I just wanted to get checked my reports. I casually 10 minutes later
I have attached the reports.
Body weight = 65Kgs, Height=5'4, Just I started gaining weight 2 years back and then I got my thyroid tested because I missed my periods. Then after ultrasound got to know some cyst is there. Took 3 months course and then some or other delays of 4-10 days only in periods. But cinnamon, etc some dietary things and exercise helped. But again this month I skipped my periods had to take medicine (Deviry).

Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
need to visit an Endocrinologist for further work-up...

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back, I've reviewed the reports,

First of all, your BMI is coming around 24.6, which is just marginally overweight for your age group. Along with these, there's a borderline high LDL level (it's part of the bad cholesterol in our body) as well as borderline high cholesterol and insufficient Vit-D levels.

You should initiate some dietary modification on daily basis. Try to avoid junk/fast foods completely, no excessive deep-fried foods strictly...also make sure to drink enough water throughout the day(around 2.5ltr per day)...

-Avoid processed and packaged foods, always try to eat fresh, organic foods, have fresh fruits instead of any packaged fruit juices...Include a lot of fresh green leafy vegetables in the daily diet.. have a bowl of salad every day...try to include foods which help to decrease Cholesterol and increase the HDL level (the good one) in the body, like olive oil, beans, and legumes, whole grains, plenty of nuts etc...

Also, start working out and increase physical activities (for the beginning 30-45 minute of daily jogging in the morning or evening followed by free-hand exercises etc.)... Make sure to get daily sun-exposure for around 15-20min in the morning, preferably in between 8-10am (it'll help in natural synthesis of Vit-D levels)...

Most of the other parameters are within normal limits only, however, there's a certain element of elevated prolactin levels (assuming there are no pregnancy issues, please let me know otherwise), and an underactive thyroid function. This needs further attention since your symptoms are typically suggestive of hypothyroidism, perhaps it's time you should initiate regular intake of Thyroxine supplements under proper medical attention and please Do NOT Change the dosage or STOP it unless specifically advised by the treating doctor. Once, this gets controlled, most likely the menstrual concerns will be minimized also...

I'd suggest you meet an Endocrinologist for a prompt clinical check-up followed by initiation of treatment for the same.

There's nothing to worry, just follow all the advice regularly, you should be fine...

I've tried to make it as simple as possible for you to understand, please let me know if there are any further concerns...

Take Care
Kind Regards

Follow-up: I just wanted to get checked my reports. I casually 39 minutes later
This was very descriptive. Thank you so much. It was really helpful.

Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
your most welcome

Detailed Answer:
Your most welcome dear,

Take Care
Kind Regards