I just started takingTradjenta. I’m noticing some significant stomach issues

Endocrinologist
Question
I just started takingTradjenta. I’m noticing some significant stomach issues like gas, bloating,aching. I had the same reaction from Metrormin. Is this something that will dissipate with time or is the drug just not for me?
YYYY@YYYY
Thu, 8 Feb 2018 in Diabetes

Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
About Trajenta:

Detailed Answer:
I have gone carefully through your concern.
One of the most serious side effects of Trajenta is pancreatitis differently form metformine.
Usually we recommend the patient to see a physician in order to exclude pancreatitis when they experience severe pain in the upper stomach spreading to your back, nausea and vomiting, loss of appetite ect.
So i would recommend to let your physician know about the symptoms.
If pancreatitis is ruled out, than you may continue with Trajenta.
Hope the information will help.
Kind regards,
Dr.Mirjeta