I just received blood test results. My PSA has gone
It is probably nothing
I am sorry to hear about your distress. It is important to keep in mind that the PSA, like any other test, is subject to some degree of uncertainty and periodic changes, that are not associated with disease. Many things, like UTIs, can affect the PSA, so I would also recommend having a retest. Sexual intercourse may also influence results, to some extent. If the PSA remains high, you should have prostate biopsies taken.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I have ulcerative colitis and have had it for 12
- I have sharp pains that come in waves that feel
- Hi, My wife had an urine infection for last 4
- I have severe pain going all around my mid section
- My PCP precribed a sonogram of my abdomen because he
- Hey doctor, For the last couple of months I have
- My mother has stage 4 ovarian cancer . Her medical
- Yes Please. About a week ago I started to have
- I have a question about Prostatitis . For the past
- I have been having sudden onset’s of direreah that has